Tuesday, August 02, 2005

We're On The Road To Lana'i

One last post before we leave to Lana'i. This will be the third and final island of this trip, and to be honest my favorite one of all. Why you ask? Because it is still quite there. One man owns the entire island, and because of that factor growth is controlled by him. I forgot his name but I know he use to be the former head of the Dole Company. When he retired he asked that instead of money if he could have the island because the company had no use for it any more. Lana'i use to be the largest pineapple plantation in the world, until growing the fruit became to expensive in the US. Today most of the pineapple grown in the world is from the Philippines. I cant wait till we get there, it reminds me of a quite mountain town. I can't wait to relax. I can't wait for the peace and quite.

No comments: