Thursday, December 14, 2006

One...Two...Three...Breath

What a week. Like millions of Americans, young and old, the stress of finals came upon us this week. And with Friday with only a couple of hours away the ordeal is almost over. But finals were not the only fun part of this week, or for that matter this month. Lets see. . .

As mentioned before it seems that everyone has someone, leaving me to wallow in my own loneliness. Stephanie has her fiance, Lizzy has her "husband," Jenn has her new boyfriend who is 25 (recall that she ended it because I was to old), David has his Nicole, and even Topher potentially has someone. But you know what, I may be hurting now (and God is it a gut wrenching pain), but I know the best is yet to come. I will be ok, who know what the future holds.

But one of the big highlights this month is two weeks ago I made a purchase that has changed not only my life, by my roommates as well: I bought a Wii.

Oh my God this is the worlds greatest gaming system. Wii Sports (the game it comes with) takes full advantage of its unique Wiimote. This controller is amazing. If you tend to get gutter balls when you bowl in real life, the Wiimote picks up how you throw the ball, and you tend to get gutter balls in the game. In baseball it picks up the power you put into the swing, as well as golf. Now boxing is the coolest of the games, you cover your face, your avatar (or Mii as they are called) blocks their face. You move, they move.

Yet the coolest function is the "virtual console," an online store that you access through the Wii (it has integrated WiFi) where you can buy games from the libraries of the following systems:
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Nintendo
  • Nintendo 64
  • Sega Genesis
  • NEC Tubrographx 16

So far I have downloaded Maro 64, Bonks Adventure, Sonic, Ecco the Dolphin, and the original Zelda.

Did I mention that it also plays GameCube games?

No comments: